Tuesday, February 11, 2014

House of Windsor aka Gwenyth's LA Pad

So I these images have been circulating around the web since like ever, but this is my go to inspiration house, no joke.  It has classic architecture, whimsical accents and pretty fun moments.  I mean, I don't think a horse barn is somewhere where I thought "Gorg! I'd hang out there."  But this one does it.


I love the entry, not fussy, clean and classic.  And I LOOOOOVE a good ranch style house.





 The entry hall is large and not lacking any style, honed marble in s more subtle palette, moldings galore and curated antique pieces.


This Kitchen. Epic.  Reclaimed wood floors, marble slabs, vintage accents and I love that its the old eat in style that got replaced by islands.  Its not your normal kitchen...its more like a french patisserie no?




The sitting room still keeps neutrals, but amps it up with some fun accents that look very cultivated. The vintage columns and mirrors, with pop photography and African prints keep it casual.



The movie room designed by Martin Bullard, has a man cave/ theater vibe and keeps it fun with the all over prints with a light background and cushy artistic couches.

 A soft and serene guest wing.  What great detailing on the shower in the guest bath!!





 The master is soothing and with french doors leading out to the back yard, who wouldn't want to wake up in here?!?!  I also love the transoms above the doors to help move the light through the house, but also the iron X design that is subtly repeated through the house.


 "Her" bathroom. Love.


 Another bedroom, girly but kind of hippie at the same time.






And of course that barn!!!  Can you imagine having Lunch or Coffee or Thanksgiving or a Birthday Party out there?!?!?! Couldn't be cooler .







All images via Veranda and SoHaute

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10