Friday, October 18, 2013

Foodie Fridays: French Dip Pot Roast

Since things are settling down and I'm getting used to my new Kitchen (yay!!!) I've decided to, at the very least, start back up with the Foodie Fridays-Holla!

So Pot Roast has never been one of those things that I get excited about, the meat seems like its dry in nature and not a ton of flavor, plus I'm not a fan of the carrots and potatoes its usually paired with.  Anywhoo, I surprisingly really enjoyed the Pot Roast sandwich from McAlisters Deli so I thought I'd give this recipe a try- and DANG!!!!  Now on the Crock pot rotation in our house!



French Dip Pot Roast (from a Crock):

1 3-4 pound boneless Roast Beef (chuck or round roast)
1 cup Beef Broth
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon Red Pepper lakes
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
8 Crusty Bread hoagie

Mix Beef Broth, Balsamic, Woozy, Soy Sauce, Honey, Red Pepper and Garlic together then pour into the bottom of the crock, Cut Beef into quarters (cut out as much fat as possible) and arrange in crock, covered in sauce.  Cook on Low for 8 hours.

Once the beef is cooked, take meat out and shred with fork, set aside.  Put crock juice into a small sauce pan with brown sugar on High, stirring until sugar dissolved.  Reduce to Medium High and let simmer until it begins to thicken.  Enjoy Beef on a toasty hoagie and dip into sauce.


Photo Credit from Add a Pinch

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10