Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Our house gets a Man Room

Whew! Have we been busy around Maison Gibson.  One of the first major projects is the TV Room aka "Man Room."  I wanted something that is classic, neutral, moody, and a great atmosphere for movie watching. Here are my inspirations-







So after a day of painting what I thought was a medium gray, I had a freak out moment of hating it. 1.) Memo to me: ANY gray that's not on the bronze side will look blue. 2.) I'm a designer, and a female, so I change my mind a lot and 3.)  Darker grays aren't easy to get right.

The first paint color I hesitated with was Benjamin Moore's Whale Gray.

Nice Right?
Involving Color
And of the course the installed shot, looks great.  Not too dark, and stunning.  Well I guess not in my house.  So on to plan B &C.

Plan B, is one shade darker on the fan deck Benjamin Moore Iron Mountain. Some might think its going to look just as blue, but on the card it doesn't.

Pinterest

Veranda Interiors
And then Plan C is a Historical Color Benjamin Moore's Kendall Charcoal



Helen Thompson
You probably think your eyes are playing tricks on you right?  Well they aren't the same.  We ended up going with  Option B the Iron Mountain.  Can't wait for it to get a little further along, so I Can give the bog reveal!

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10