Friday, August 27, 2010

Foodie Fridays: PB Cookies Low Carb Style



Sorry my Friday recipes have been MIA, but I haven't made anything that I thought was to die for lately. Sooo, I thought that I would bring out one of my old college staples that were no fail for a sweet tooth.  The recipe originally came from Kraft Foods Magazine, but I altered it to make it more Low Carb, since I was petrified of gaining the dreaded 'Freshman 15.'  Please be advised that you WILL need milk to go with these since they are pretty hearty :)

Easy Chocolate Dipped PB Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar substitue (I use Splenda or Stevia)
1 Egg
4 squares BAKER'S unsweet chocolate, sweeten to taste with extra sugar substitute!!!
1/2 cup finely chopped coktail peanuts

Heat oven to 325°F. Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Refrigerate 30 min. Roll into 18 balls. Place, 3 inches apart, on baking sheet. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with fork.  Bake 18 to 20 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 5 min. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely.   Melt chocolate as directed on package and add sugar substitute to taste. Dip ends of cookies in chocolate; gently shake off excess. Coat with chopped nuts; place on parchment- or waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.

 

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10