Thursday, August 9, 2012

Painting the curatins

I had a vision of what curtains I wanted in my house ever since I rolled up to Hotel Palomar here in Dallas a fell in love with the billowing black and white numbers that were flanking the front door and Port cacher.  See below and you'll know what I mean.



But I never found anything close to as dramatic anywhere, except if I wanted to do custom in which case they I would have to "make" the fabric pattern myself, strips and extra sewing, not happening.  So I was so excited when I saw the painted curtains trend, but really got excited when I saw this one--- stripes AND gold?!?!?! Sign me up.

IBB Design Group

I love how the stripes are messy too, all that you need is a little gold acrylic and go!  Love this idea. And her are few more inspirations from around the web-

IBB Design Group
 How great would this be in a boys lair? Or even a funky apartment?

IBB Design Group

Apartment Therapy
 Seeing as though ombre and chevron are all the rage right now, I love this combo in a boys nursery. And just about any bright color would look fantastic.

Centsational Girl

Dear Lillie
 I also enjoy how the "negative space" aka unpainted lets a little more light in as well.
My Handsmade it

The Country Chic Cottage

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10