Thursday, June 21, 2012

Feeding the Wolf...

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Via

Where to begin when you haven't blogged in forever???  Its been a tough couple of months, not just for me, but seemingly everyone around me, so thanks for hanging in there and thanks for your concerns.

There is only so much that a person can take, only so far down, only so many tears....and then it gets to be too much.  Even for a person like me that always tended to "wake up on the right side" every morning.  I realized that everything was out of my hands, and no matter how bad things had gotten, I couldn't rely on my expectations, because they will always let me down.  Wallowing in sadness, disappointment and stress for not only me, but others--  I decided to stop feeding the wolf.  It took some time to reevaluate what and who was important to me, and then I got back up. I spent time with the people who mean everything to me, people I've lost touch with, and just being there for those who may need me....and I started to overcome the terrible battle.

Some of my favorite bloggers share their most personal stories and I always found so much inspiration in what other real people go though and overcome.  Although I don't ever want this blog to be my personal diary, I thought there are plenty of you out there going through tough times (maybe even the darkest ever) and need a little push.  Well, this legend pretty much sums it up for me.  I don't think that I will ever understand why terrible things happen to the least deserving, but it helps to know that all I have to do is feed the wolf.


......and now back to your scheduled blog :)

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10