Monday, March 24, 2014

Bathroom Progress Part Deux

We are so close to finishing the bathroom that I can smell it...or maybe that's just the paint fumes.  Anyway, I'll be doing the final reveal later on this week, but wanted to give you a little taste of what's been happening.

 I created an inspiration board to share with the Hubs. Sort of a turn of the century vibe, classic, timeless, bright and refreshing, I'm keeping that under wraps until the big reveal because its pretty literal.  But I will show where my whole scheme stemmed from.  We took a Holiday Home Tour here in Dallas and I snapped this photo.  This little moment that was happening was so lovely (actually the whole house was great) It looked like this-


Originally I wanted to go with all polished chrome and stick to a monochromatic whites, grays, and powdery blue scheme, but last minute I changed the metals to a brass...love me some brass lately.

Here's a little sneak peek from the hall, you can see the herringbone Carrera floor, painted wall and the DIY painted wall sconce.



I really was inspired by this RH Vintage Zinc Barn Sconce, but wanted something a little more polished, so purchased this Portfolio Outdoor Sconce from Lowe's and did a lot of taping a spraying.

 

 On the interior I used a Valspar Metal Gold and for the exterior I used the Rustoleum Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze to give it a little depth.  I love the ORB and have used it a lot, it's almost black, but has a little brown sparkle to it.  The Gold  did a great job on this particular application as a small accent, but it is very gold, so if you are looking for something a little more brassy, Krylon Short Cuts in Gold Leaf is pretty good, just a tiny portion.




Last week, our Contractor installed the shower tile and not sure if you can tell from the amazingly straight lines on this subway install, but he's pretty amazing at what he does.  We had the plumber raise the height on the shower head and also opted for 14" shower box since I don't want no shower caddy hanging from my beautiful new fixtures.


So exited to show you the rest, so stay tuned for the big reveal later on this week!

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10