Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A House Full of Boys

So I am constantly perusing Houzz.com for great inspiration that hasn't already been saturated on blogs and Pinterest.  And you really cant get any better, for install shots on something specific.  I search a certain paint color I'm liking all the time to get a better idea of how it looks on something bigger than my fan deck, for instance SW Silvermist (in the homework area below).

I've run across this family home a few times, but I dived a little further in because of the paint palette. 7 males, one mother and her mom and two dogs in this mid century house, completely renovated for their huge gang....apparently it helps to be married to a contractor.


I love this mix of industrial for the men in the family, but little feminine touches like this Louis XVI couch.



The owner had to have a custom dining benches with extra storage to fit her many dinner attendees



This Kitchen was designed with the help of Home Depot Kitchen Center, and I love that she left the uppers out of this design.  With all the drawers, it would have been a lot visually.  Plus open shelving forces tidiness.





There is only one computer area in the house, so they can keep an eye on the boys when they are surfing.  Good looking out!


Dual purpose Laundry and Mudroom is "Mom Central" to keep everyone organized and laundry efforts easy.








Built in Homework station with silhouette art of the boys ages 3-16.  I love the aged Marais chairs to give the industrial feel, and the painting of the brick for texture.




This is the family dorm where the middle 5 sleep. All the pallet beds are on casters and there are two twins tucked into the alcoves for friends to sleep over.


I love the "7" pillow in the master, very cute touch.


Photography by Mina Brinkley via Houzz


No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10