Friday, November 18, 2011

Foodie Fridays: BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup

Well, its finally cold here, and when I mean cold I mean 58 degrees and I have my seat heaters on high in my car.....with flip flops.  Its Texas ya'll, coats and flips. But perfect weather for soup!

So have you ever had California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken Salad?  It brings me back to my college days when my roommate and I would split a BBQ Chicken Salad and a Tostada Pizza then PIG out!  Those were the days right? Anywho, here is a lighter version of the college staple in a soup, and it even passed the man test, plus it was SUPER easy!


Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
11 oz can corn with peppers, drained
2 12 oz cans Swanson’s Chicken, drained or I a store-bought roasted chicken breast shredded
1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
1/2 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

  Heat oil into a medium pot over medium heat.  When hot, saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened.  Stir in garlic, corn and chicken breast; mix to combine.  Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves.   Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.  Garnish each bowl with a fresh sprig of cilantro.
4-6 servings

Recipe and photo via

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10